What’s new in CADWIND V10.1
CADWIND V10’s main new feature is the new iWind algorithm. iWind is an entirely new way of simulating filament windings. It is rich in new features, all designed to make it faster and easier for the user to find optimal winding patterns and and enhances the CADWIND experience even further.
CADWIND V10 gives instant results on the screen as parameters are changed, allowing for fast experimentation. A complete list of possible patterns is displayed from which you can quickly and easily choose the winding that is right for you.Summary of iWind:
- completely new designed algorithm
- improved friction modelling for better results
- calculates more points with higher precision
- very fast by using the full power of all CPU cores (real parallel processing)
- lists directly a whole range of possible winding patterns
- patterns are shown in an extensive table with all their characteristics
- the pattern list can be sorted, filtered, searched and grouped to quickly find the best patterns
- new types of patterns including patterns with several layers
- optional simulation of the first winding cycle for fast results
- new Live View functionality: instantly visualize windings as parameters change
- all parameters have slider bars, so they can be quickly set by mouse and exactly set by keyboard
- pattern search depth can be set by slider: from "Basic" for speed to "Deep" for all results
- the start position can be changed to help find different winding patterns
- the winding direction can be selected (forward or backward)
- degree of coverage can be set as an acceptable range, only patterns in the range are listed
Project and file managementCADWIND V10 has also a new improved project and mandrel file management:
- You can now include the mandrel model data, the output format definition data and comments in the project files. This makes it much easier to manage and document all of your winding projects.
- The mandrel model generator parameters are now written as comments in the MDR files so that the user can directly see the dimensions of the part. Furthermore, the model generator parameters can be saved and loaded for easier use of the mandrel model generator.